Monday, July 15, 2013

Joining Forces and Exciting New Ventures

I am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason and that is certainly the case when it comes to my new and exciting venture! And it all began with this tea set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I was doing a random search on eBay for local vintage items and happened to see this amazing tea set for sale and in the same town as me, which was a complete fluke! The lady selling the item (Storm) delivered it to my house and we had a quick introduction chat and I discovered she also had kids around the same age as mine and we left it at that. The following weekend I was at a swap meet in the next town over and we ended up literally bumping into each other and having to fight for items at the crockery table, we decided we definitely had to meet up properly for a cuppa and a chat........ We hit it off instantly! 

Over the next few weeks I continued to buy a few bits and pieces from Storm and out of the blue she asked me to spend a day with her out and about stocking up her eBay store. So off we went for a drive and stopped at all the op shops on the way, it was such good fun and we found some amazing items, mainly for her store but a few things for me too including this wicked hat!


So after an incredible day of bargain hunting the decision was made that we should team up and become vintage ninjas to find amazing vintage items at great prices to share with you all! I would like to introduce you now to Retro Respection our eBay store! We will be starting a Facebook page over the next few weeks and once a week I will be featuring my favourite items in store on my blog and hopefully giving you a little bit of history on each item. 

This week I want to share with you an item we found at out first stop, a yellow 1970's Remington Riviera typewriter.






How hot is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It still has its carry case and is such a bright yellow! It feels great to use and still has a strong "ding" at the end of a row. All it needs is a new tape (ink) which is easy enough to find online and you are ready to start typing up your own letters! 

Click here to buy this amazingly retro typewriter online! This one is up for auction on eBay and finishes on the 21st July 2013. A great functional display piece! 

No comments:

Post a Comment